Welcome to the Friends of Bartonsham Meadows newsletter – it’s great to have you here. Thank you for supporting positive ecological management of Bartonsham Meadows.
This month we have…
- Continued our discussions (online) with the Church Commissioners, with our next discussion scheduled for mid-January
- Improved our Stronger Towns Fund bid, lead by Herefordshire Wildlife Trust, and re-submitted it to the board
- Presented (Ruth) to the Community Association (online) introducing our project and giving an update on progress
- Planned to gather our finest ecology heads together for a walk-round and assessment of the state of the meadows with a focus on wildlife populations
- Reached over 100 supporters!
COMING UP IN THE NEW YEAR…
We’re excited to have an online introductory event in January. Herefordshire Wildlife Trust City Branch are kindly hosting us to give a presentation about our project. There’ll be short talks from Andrew Nixon (Herefordshire Wildlife Trust), Anna Gundrey (ecology consultant), Bill Laws (historian), Ruth Westoby (FOBM convenor) and plenty of time for Q&A.
It will take place on 21st January at 7pm
PLEASE COULD YOU…
- Record images and footage of the meadows, especially now the floods are up, and share with us to keep a record and for use on social media
- Donate to help our project grow (get in touch if you would like to make a donation)
- Encourage friends to sign up to our mailing list
- Consider joining Herefordshire Wildlife Trust
- Get in touch with feedback and ideas
This project has only been kicked around since February 2020 and since then we have been bowled over by the encouragement, engagement and support it's received. In the teeth of an extraordinary and difficult year it has felt important and powerful to get active for positive change right on our doorstep. We’re so grateful for the generous donations which have enabled us to cover costs and develop the project. A huge thank you to everyone who has supported us, got involved and enabled this project to get off to such an awesome start.
Wishing you a peaceful 2021,
Friends of Bartonsham Meadows