Thank you for supporting Friends of Bartonsham Meadows. Your support has enabled us to take forward our project of working to support a transition to ecological and socially beneficial land-use practices at Bartonsham Farm, Hereford.
This project brings individual action and insight to bear on crucial questions of belonging, biodiversity, and climate change.
Here’s an update on our activities. We have focused on maintaining a dialogue with the Church Commissioners and developing our networks with local supporters and local and regional stakeholders.
Specifically we have:
- Secured the support of over 60 people who have signed up at http://www.friendsofbartonshammeadows.org.
- Distributed 2000 leaflets to local residents and businesses to introduce our work and seek support.
- Secured the ear of local government and the interest of the administration on Herefordshire Council.
- Raised over £2000 in funds to cover our current activities and support further work.
- Received financial support and endorsement from Healing Herbs, alongside the support of organisations such as Hereford Wildlife Trust, Bartonsham History Group, Growing Local and the St. James’ and Bartonsham Community Association.
Our focus has been to develop our expertise and professionalism should the opportunity arise to support the Herefordshire Wildlife Trust in a bid to manage the Meadows in line with its objectives as a conservation organisation.
We are now developing our communications capacity in order to reach out to residents and stakeholders both locally and regionally.
Please would you:
- Spread the word – ask your friends, colleagues and networks to sign-up to support our objectives and receive our newsletter http://www.friendsofbartonshammeadows.org
- Get in touch to volunteer your skills firstname.lastname@example.org. The more volunteers we can get on board to help with the project will make a huge difference to meeting our group objectives, both short-term and long-term. Get in touch to find out how you can do your bit!
- Follow us on social media – we have just launched (today!!) brand new pages on Instagram, Twitter and a Facebook group to keep you up-to-date on the project and gain more support locally and regionally. It would be great if you could follow us using the links at the end of this email.
- Share with us your images and stories of the meadows for us to use to promote our campaign email@example.com. We’d love to build a collection of photographs sent in by our supporters to share on our new social media pages. Your experience of these meadows matters.
- Donate to support our activities. Make cheques payable to St. James’ and Bartonsham Community Association, noting ‘Friends of Bartonsham Meadows’ on the back. Please post to 19 Nelson Street, Hereford HR1 2NZ.
All the best
Friends of Bartonsham Meadows